Friday, August 03, 2012

Should female foeticide be legalised?

I guess so. Yes, Satyamev Jayate got me thinking. Frankly I hate that. It disturbs me for weeks when I watch or read about such things. I stop reading the newspaper when I read disturbing news over a few days. I makes me feel weak and worthless. And self confidence is a hard attribute to build, for most people at least. I have a lot to improve in me before I look outside. Also, it's almost impossible to deal with morally hollow people and people with no conscience.
So I was saying, female foeticide must be legalized. And I say this coz, if ever given a choice as to how I wanna die my response would be any way that is either painless or that'll be done in under 30 seconds. Yes, I do not mind being burnt alive, provided I feel no pain at all. Or drowned or any other torturous way as long as it's not torturing me. If not please put a bullet in my temple. Well, I'd like the same courtesy extended to these innocent foetuses. Why have them be born and then resented for the rest of their living? I'd hate to ever know that either of my parents doesn't love me. You would too. Also I'd hate to know that I'm the reason for my parents' sleepless nights, although they consider me a blessing. And I in no way think a baby deserves to be suffocated to death or dropped from heights or any other way of being harmed. And all this can and will be stopped if female foeticide is legalized. Much less suffering for the baby.
What will happen to the future of Indian society you say? What it deserves.If people continue to be idiots, then there will be many many more cases of rape coz there won't be enough women that the 'Kul deepak's can get married to. And then one day, when there will be like 1 girl for every 1000 or 2000 boys, India's population will come to be decent. And then, may be then, the girl child won't be loathed so much, tortured and killed after being born. Won't be considered a bane. May be even raped less. This has it's own down side you say? We'll think of it when it's time for that. I say this coz not every person is sensible. So trying to come up with a sensible solution will never work unless humans are replaced by programmable robots.
I still cannot understand how one can harm a baby? It's just not something that's making sense to me. An adult yes, but a baby? Unfathomable for me.

No comments: