Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Coo-chi-cooing

I'm not the cooing types. I've never been. I do baby-talk but it's not much. I've never really been around babies much. In fact I never approach a baby on sight. I'll wait for as long as they need to smile back at me or come near me without prodding. So a few weeks before I had my li'l angel I was concerned about this nature of mine. The more I thought about it, more I was sure that I'm not good with babies. After all during my week long stay with a friend and her 11 month old twins it took us almost 2 days for me to be able to approach them, pick them up or talk to them at will. There on I was extremely comfortable around them. But when my angel was born all my concerns were put to rest. She wasn't at an age to resist who picked her up. Good for me. And as she is growing, aware of her surroundings, it's mom's constant mention that she totally recognizes her mommy makes me confident that I can easily pick her up to soothe her. In fact I've even started cooing a li'l along with her. It helps her learn to talk I read some place. The inhibitions I have with babies I still have. It's just that I can comfortably act crazy with my baby. A change I totally like in me. After all I'm now a mommy.

1 comment:

Keerti said...

I know! I was exactly like this and even told my mom I don't know how to talk to my baby...but now we rock and can really converse..he he