Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Everyone close to me knows my affinity for dogs. I'm a total dog person. So much that if there's a scene on TV where a human is fighting a dog that isn't really devilish looking I'd side with the dog and feel sorry if it were hurt, but would have no reaction if the human was bitten. I consider having a dog is almost similar to having a 2 year old child around. In fact the workings of the mind of a 2 year old can scare me. Not so much with a dog. In a short time you can predict a dog's behavior. But we humans can evolve so fast.
My mom finds our dog too much of a pain coz she's gotta take care of him all day long. Every time we talk about him at least once she says how she wishes she could get rid of him. And I instantly snap back at her saying she has no idea how lucky she is to have him with her.
Anyway, lately I follow a couple of shows on TV on dog rearing, It's Me or the Dog and Dog Whisperer. And over a few shows it has been evident that if a dog is misbehaving then it isn't really the dog but the owners fault. Just like if a child misbehaves, it's parents who are to be blamed and not the child. I know it's much harder to make a child behave than it is to with a dog. The level of intelligence is the reason. But if you see that your dog isn't behaving well and before you come to a conclusion that you're unlucky to have found such a misbehaved brat, give it a second thought and get yourself copies of the above mentioned shows. You'll see there is still hope for your darling.

No comments: