Saturday, September 05, 2009

Sonu Nigam



I am amzed with the person. I have adored many many of his songs in Hindi. I have spent months listening to the songs from his hindi albums through out my stay at office. But I had never imagined he would sing for the Kannada film industry. When I heard his singing in Huchha n Mungaru MaLe, the songs did touch me. But not the way his songs in hindi did. I'd always say that his hindi songs were the same as wat honey is to my tongue. Off late his hold on Kannada has improved. But I never imagined that he would go for an album in Kannada. Frankly, I do not know of a Kannada singer having of his or her own album. I have only heard their film songs. So this happenend to be more of a shock than surprise to me. Everytime I heard the bollywood singers sing Kannada songs I'd feel a li'l sorry for the talent here. They're good, yet. Lately I did get to listen to really good Kannada music. Otherwise I do not shy away from advicing people from keeping away from Kannada movies or songs. Yet, I do not have many recent time movies that I can recommend to any of my friends. But the songs have been very impressive. Brilliant singing with good music composition. But an album from Sonu!! Something I still can't believe. He gets a Filmfare for playback singing in Kannada.
May be some people are always striving for more, and always find new roads to cover. I now admire him all the more and wish him more and more success.

No comments: