Saturday, August 08, 2009

Love Aaj Kal

I watched the movie and happened to like it. This movie would seem a li'l unrealistic and over the top for many coz they would not have recognised the sentiment that it tried to convey. Love still evades many of us. As it has no standard definition against which we can measure our emotions. We would always doubt our feelings for that someone special coz we do not feel the same way as that friend of ours feels for his gal or her man.
Anyway, one of the reasons that I may have liked the movie is coz I could relate to it. I know a couple who are being practically stupid. And I wish they have a better climax than the movie. They are ready to forgo their love. Whatever be their reasons, it is not possible to replace someone in your heart. It's not one of your photo frames or mobile wallpaper. When your permission wasn't sought before the person was lead into your heart, then why do you perceive that you have the ability to drive the person out. I'm a practical person too. Yet I know the limitations of my mind, as well as hers. In my opinion, the only thing that every single person on earth wants is happiness in any and every form. So I understand that my conflict with my inner self can only make me miserable. And I for one, would not want to be miserable for the rest of my life. I have tried talking to her about this and I see that have failed. I know very well that if they part ways and decide to marry someone else, they shall both be miserable. So shall their spouses. And to see a friend go through pain, isn't very comforting.
I find that lately there are a lot more couples who get involved and at a later point realise that they were not meant for each other. I do not understand how the statement "not meant for each other" can make any sense to anyone. If two complete strangers can get married with the hope and desire of making it work, then what exactly is the problem with the courting couples? No wonder we've made loving someone so complicated that the next-gen wants to be satisfied with flings. No wonder!!
And about the movie, if you're a movie buff - no second thoughts, go get your tickets. For the ones who always wanna make sense or find a moral in the movie, you can find one hidden inside. You just need to have the keen eye. Watch it when it is screened at home. If you don't like it, you won't regret having wasted your money.

2 comments:

Keerti said...

Welcome back! I loved the movie!

Seema said...

Thank you. So did I